One of the best parts of printing is the number of occasions we get to help you celebrate. And best of all? You think outside the box.
When it comes to the artwork, invitations, flyers and business materials we print here in our shop in Portland, almost all of them call for a reason to celebrate. Whether it be an announcement of the birth of a new family member, business cards for a new brand venture, a flyer telling of the good work you are doing, or simply mailing a handwritten note to a friend, we’re thankful to be a part of these moments with you.
And we’re thankful for a customer base who isn’t afraid to spread their wings.
The pressure of perfection seems to surround us from all angles, but you continue to break the rules, challenge the norm, and create your own designs and traditions. It is easy to believe there is little originality left in the world, but you continue to prove that wrong!
We believe there is still room to be original, and create something that is yours alone. We see this when we walk into the office and see your orders, or the art for sale at the shop.
With a mindset of scarcity rather than originality and celebration, the small, good things that happen every day might go unnoticed. In a time where dramatic progress is desired and even expected, we forget to reflect on our own good work in the middle – the plentiful steps of progress that happen every day. We forget how important it is to celebrate even the small wins.
We believe there is always a reason to practice gratitude and celebrate the good things. When we do this, we find that we are happier, healthier and more mindful in our day-to-day lives.
Here are some simple ways to celebrate (or help someone else celebrate) your every day:
- Write out your to-do list with even your small tasks for the day on it. There’s no feeling like physically checking a to-do item off your list. At the end of the day, even on days when you feel like you’ve gotten little done for the day, you can see that you did indeed accomplish quite a lot!
- Send a handwritten card to a friend or family member just because. Let them know what it is that you love about them, or why you are proud of them. This is a surefire way to brighten someone’s day, and we’re betting it will brighten your own too.
- Treat yourself to some time dedicated to finish reading (or writing!) that book you started. There’s nothing like reading through a good page-turner, and when we read something on a physical page rather than a screen, we tend to take more time to process information and enjoy the story.
- Hang up a shared physical calendar in a common space of your household or workspace. Allow each member to add dates or deadlines that are important to each other, quirky holidays, and more so you can cheer each other on, and everyone has something to look forward to.
- Host a party just for fun! When was the last time you threw or attended a block party? Hand deliver a simple invitation to your neighbors, and enjoy some face time while strengthening your own community.
- Keep a gratitude journal. People who regularly practice gratitude tend to sleep better, express more compassion, feel more alive, be more productive, and even have stronger immune systems. Begin each day by writing down three things you are grateful for. What is your intention or celebration for that day? Write that down too.
What will you celebrate today, next month, or in a year from now? How are you thinking outside of the box? Let us know, and contact us if we can design or print something to celebrate with you!