We’re in the spirit of giving! After finishing taxes, we’ve realized that we need to pay it forward more often. Since we live in such a philanthropic community, such is the nature of Portland, we found it incredibly easy to support our neighbors! Whether it be doing small gestures for a stranger, or signing a check for a local charity, we can all help a little more this year.
Easy ways to be kind:
- Make a personal connection with a stranger, like your barista, the cashier, or janitor at work.
- Make someone’s day easier, by holding the door open for the person behind you, returning your shopping cart to the corral, leaving change in the take-a-penny bowl, or cook dinner for your neighbor.
- Hand your change to someone in need.
- Donate to a local charity that speaks to your heart.
- Support NonProfits that are committed to supporting the community and helping others.
Some of our favorite Portland NonProfits to lend your helping hand:
- Friends of Trees – A nonprofit that is dedicated to bringing together the community by planting and caring for trees.
- SCRAP – The School and Community Reuse and Action Program is a nonprofit that collects clean, reusable craft & creative supplies.
- Independent Publishing Resource Center – A nonprofit that helps artists and community members publish their own work by offering classes, workshops, like-minded community, machinery, and supplies.
- Ecotrust – A nonprofit organization with the goal to inspire communities to follow a more natural model of living to create and sustain environmental wellbeing.
- Slow Food Portland – Committed to creating dramatic change in our food system, by raising awareness of food production practices. Their goal is to engage the community to help transform our food system, to ensure fairness, sustainability, and enjoyment.
Acts of Kindness for Paperjam Press Customers
Our Acts of Kindness box was on our counter for the past month, asking customers what was the most recent kind gesture they’ve done for someone. The box filled up, and we chose a winner for the most unique gesture. The winner is, !!! We’ll have some Paperjam Bucks for you the next time you place an order with us!